Before the Visit
- About 2 hours before your appointment, eat something light with protein
- Don't eat anything that will 'color' your tongue (candy, coffee, fruit punch, etc)
- Don't drink too much water because you will be on the acupuncture table for awhile
- Don't brush your tongue the morning of the visit
- Wear comfortable clothing
- If you are new, arrive a little early to fill out paperwork
- Bring a favorite relaxing CD for us to use during your treatment (optional)
During the Consultation
A consulation is required for all new patients. This is a comprehensive hour of history taking.
If we determine we can help you, we will let you know and devise a treatment plan specifically tailored to your needs.
During the Visit
- Relax, talk to your practitioner. Don't hold back information.
- We will take your pulse and look at your tongue.
- After the small needles have been inserted, you will be left in the room for about 30-40min. This is YOUR time. Relax, focus on your condition.
After the Visit
- Ask questions. Remember, it's your body and your responsibility to understand it and make yourself better.
- Instructions will be given to you on herbs, diet, exercise, etc
- Proceed to the receptionist to make your next appointment. If you know your schedule, make multiple appointments to ensure that you get the time and dates that are more convenient for you.
- Please call if you have questions between treatments. Keeping with your treatment plan will help you maintain and/or achieve better health.
How many treatments will I need?
- A treatment course is defined as: the number of treatments and frequency between each visit.
- The length, number and frequency of treatments will vary. After the first 4 visits, we will be able to tell how well your body responds to acupuncture and we're go from there.
- A typical visit lasts from 20-60min.
- Generally, acute problems require less time and frequency of treatment. Chronic problems will require more time and frequency
It's important to remember, if it took you 20 years to get to where you are, it is unlikely that 1 or 2 treatments will reverse the affect. We are here to work together to achieve optimal health.
We use Angie's list to assess whether we're keeping valued patients like you happy. Please visit Angieslist.com/Review/8106895 in order to grade our quality of care and customer service.